Recently I was trying to set up another Yeastar S20 PBX for a client. We ordered some of the new Fanvil X7C handsets, they look nice, if not a copy of a Yealink handset. After a setting everything up it was working fine when I dialed another phone from the X7C handsets. However, when I dialed the X7C from another handset, there would be no audio either way. If I put the call on hold and resumed the call the audio would work. I did a fair amount of troubleshooting, but nothing was working. Then it crossed my mind that I hadn’t updated the firmware. I thought that couldn’t possibly be the issue, after updating everything was working. Go figure.

  1. Go to the website and go to the download center. Download Center
  2. Download the latest firmware for the X7C.  (I needed version 2.4.5 to fix the issue)
  3. Log onto the phone and select upgrade. Upload the file and wait for the phone to reboot.
  4. The audio issues should be fixed. 

I know this is a simple fix. I just hope that if someone else finds themself with this issue, they can solve it quickly.