Recently I’ve had 2 clients who needed some work done on thier server rack and patch panel. Something a little different for my site, I thought I’d share some images of the before and afters.

Client 1: Patch Panel removed and cables put into the wall

The first client was moving to a new location. This location had ethernet ports throughout the office but the patch panel had been cut off and the cabled shoved into the wall. We were able to retrieve the cables and patch them back into a patch panel. We tested each and labeled each port, luckily most were still working.

Client 2: Needed to move the Patch Panel and Server rack to a different room

This client had the server rack and patch panel in the manager’s office. This was very inconvenient and loud for that employee. Me and our electrician moved everything into another room. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get better before images.