Most of the time with my Raspberry PI I remote in using VNC, this is good and I like using a GUI, however sometimes this can be cumbersome and time consuming. Today I will show you how to get a remote terminal (SSH) on your Raspberry PI. Whats even better is we can do it straight through CMD.
Enable SSH client in windows 10
- First we will install the SSH feature. Open windows settings, you can do this by selecting the settings cog, above the shut down button.
- In settings head to Apps -> Apps & features -> Optional features
- Once there select the “Add a feature” button
- Next search the list for “OpenSSH Client” and install it.
Connecting to Raspberry PI (or any SSH device)
- Open CMD
- Enter the connection command. This is SSH + your username @ the IP address or host name. (SSH <username>@<IP or Host Name>)
- Enter your password and you will be connected, easy as that. No additional software needed. You can now enter any commands, as if you are sitting at your PI.