Having an SSL certificate is great. Its even better when you can get it for free from Lets Encrypt. The only downside is having to constantly renew it every 3 months. Luckily Synology has a way to keep it automatically upto date.
For this to work you need to already have a set up and working SSL certificate installed from lets encrypt. If you need help with this follow my guide here Set up Synology Nas SSL
- Log onto your NAS and head to Control Panel -> Security
- Select the tab “Certificate”
- Select your certificate
- Select the drop down arrow on the “Add” button.
- From the list select “Renew Certificate”
- Select Apply
- Your certificate will now renew automatically.